Portable Lighted Taxiway Barricade System
No More Hunting And Searching For The Correct Materials To Close A Taxiway!
STBS Diesel Powered Generator
S3PH 3" Pintle hitch assembly tow bar and rear of trailer for tandem towing.
S5.7S8LRRC5H Spare tire and wheel for trailer
SMSTT Mounting kit on trailer for spare tire above fender on plastic lumber framework.
S150CNR-Y 150' of yellow flexible lighted neon rope, in place of red.
- The TBS is designed to mark a taxiway and / or intersection closed by the use of a 120-volt AC illuminated flexible L.E.D. rope. Comprised of L.E.D. (rated at 100,000 hours) on 1" (2.54 cm) centers sheathed in continuous impact and water resistant flexible rope. The protective PVC shall be capable of withstanding temperatures from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. One foot of L.E.D. flexible lighted rope generates 1.6 watts. The flexible L.E.D. rope shall be 1/2" X 150' (1.27 cm X 45.7 m). No splicing will be allowed. The color of the flexible L.E.D. rope shall be RED, or optional yellow.
- The flexible lighted L.E.D. rope must be U.L. and C.S.A. approved.
- The flexible lighted L.E.D. rope shall operate in the flash mode and be controlled by a weather resistant controller designed to work with the flexible L.E.D. rope.
- The flexible lighted L.E.D. rope controller shall be mounted in a weather proof plastic box conveniently mounted on top of the generator for easy access and operation.
- The storage reel for the flexible lighted L.E.D. rope will be conveniently mounted at the front of the trailer for easy access and operation. It will be large enough to sufficiently hold 150' (45.72 m) of 1/2" (1.27 cm) diameter flexible lighted L.E.D. rope and a 125' extension cord to allow the trailer to be parked in the safety area. The storage reel shall be manually operated to unwind and rewind the flexible lighted L.E.D. rope for storage. It shall have a manually operated lock.
- The flexible lighted L.E.D. rope shall be securely mounted to the center hub of the reel. It shall be able to withstand continuous unwinding and rewinding and not loosen on the reel causing a loss of power. The flexible lighted L.E.D. rope shall be able to be withdrawn from the right or left side of the trailer.
- The TBS shall have the capability of being hard wired for the convenience of operating the unit without the use of the generator as the primary power source.
B. Generator Power
Yanmar 2700 watt Diesel Powered
- Rated watts: minimum 2700 watts
- Horsepower: 4.7 H.P.
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Amperage: 20.84 amps
- Fuel capacity: 8.25 U.S. gallons (31.23 L)
- Run time: approximately 55 hours
- Fuel type: Diesel
- Starting system: electric start / recoil
- Engine: Yanmar Diesel vertical 4- cycle air-cooled
- Oil alert to shut down the generator when the oil level drops too low.
- Electronic ignition and automatic decompression for easy starts.
- Equipped with circuit breakers and automatic voltage regulator.
- Running time hour meter.
- Anti-Vibration rubber mounts.
- Heavy-duty plastic diesel fuel tank.
- Fuel indicator mounted in fuel cap.
- Fuel shut off valve.
- The trailer frame shall be constructed from 4" G Form (10.16 cm) steel tube.
- Trailer dimensions shall be 5' x 8' (1.37 m X 2.4384 m) long, overall length with towing bar 137" (347.98 cm). The overall height is 50.00" (127.00 cm).
- The trailer floor shall be 5/8" (1.59 cm) Marine plywood with 24" (60.96 cm) on center steel floor supports. The floor shall be sealed with a water resistant UV sealer
- The trailer shall have a 2000 lb. (909.09 kg) Dexter Axle with spring suspension.
- The tires shall be 5.3" X 12" (13.46 cm X 30.46 cm) LRC and mounted on steel wheels.
- A 2" (5.08 cm) towing bar coupler with a removable straight tube tongue constructed of 3" x 2" (7.62 cm X 5.08 cm) single steel tube shall be provided.
- A 2" (5.08 cm) ball shall be mounted at the rear of the trailer to facilitate towing of a second TBS. The 2" (5.08 cm) ball shall be rated at 5,000 lbs. (2,272.73 kg) G.V.W.
- D.O.T. / C.S.A. approved stop, turn, tail, running lights and welded safety chains shall be provided.
- Trailer shall be equipped with steel fenders.
- A screw-post tongue jack shall be furnished. It shall be a heavy duty type with a load capacity of 2,000 pounds (909.09 kg) and it shall be side mounted and swing away for positive road clearance while undertow.
- A stanchion post storage area measuring 4'6" X 4'6" (137.16 cm X 137.16 cm) with 17" (43.18 cm) tapered to 13" (33.02 cm) tall sides located at the rear of the trailer shall be constructed of 2" X 4" (5.08 cm X 10.16 cm) thermoplastic yellow recycled plastic lumber.
- Paint: A six stage Iron - Phosphate pre-treatment procedure followed by state of the art TGIC Polyester Powder Coatings system shall be applied.
- One (1) adjustable screw post jack shall be mounted at the rear of the trailer. Jack shall be heavy duty with a load bearing capacity of 2,000 pounds and swing away type for position and road clearance while undertow.
- A 2" band of 3M conspicuity sheeting retro-reflective tape shall be applied to all 4 sides of the trailer.
- An Obstruction Light compliant to:
FAA AC 150/5345-43: L-810
FCC Rules and Regulations
Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
ICAO ANNEX 14
shall be installed and be visible 360 degrees.
- EOL with 116W, 120V Lamp(s) only are ETL Certified to FAA
- Red fresnel glass globes for 360 degree visibility
- Operates on 120 or 220-240 volts and 60 or 50Hz frequency power supply when used with proper voltage lamp
- Threaded hub (1 inch) for mounting
- Pre-wired leads
- Cast aluminum housing with yellow finish
- Globes with tether and clamp band
- Accepts traffic signal lamps with USA medium screw base and European E27 base
- O-Ring globe seal
- Lamp Life 8000 hours at 120 Volts and 4000 hours for 220-240V applications
D. Stanchion Posts
- Nine (9) hollow round plastic stanchion posts measuring 42" (106.68 cm) high with built in handle shall have one (1) 6" and one (1) 4" 3M silver reflective band providing visibility for day and nighttime operations. Each portable stanchion post shall include a 16-pound (7.27 kg) recycled rubber ballast ring. Hold down clips shall be mounted at the top of each stanchion post for securing the flexible lighted L.E.D. rope.
- Three (3) of the portable stanchion posts shall be equipped with a permanently mounted sign stating:
|AIRCRAFT MOVEMENT AREA|
DO NOT ENTER
VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
- The lettering shall be 3M retro-reflective material white in color. The sign shall be constructed of 6mm PVC plastic. The sign shall measure 18" X 18" (45.72 cm X 45.72cm) and shall have 3M retro-reflective red background.
- Five (5) of the portable stanchion posts shall be equipped with a permanently mounted sign depicting the international symbol for "NO ENTRY". The sign shall be 3M retro-reflective material, red and white in color. The sign shall measure 18" X 18" (45.72 cm X 45.72 cm).
E. Protective Fitted Cover
A protective fitted cover shall be provided to cover and protect the generator, diesel fuel tank and control box from the elements. The cover shall be yellow vinyl and be first quality Astrup's Coverlight H Hypalon 17 ounce rubber coated synthetic rubber.